Backstage Production - BTEC Level 2 Diploma - 1 yr - BTec
Abingdon and Witney College
Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1GG
Tel: 01235 555 585
This BTEC is a one-year course in production work within the theatre industry.
You will learn all aspects of technical theatre in context with production; stage management, set design and construction, wardrobe, sound and lighting. You will work with staff and performance students to stage several productions throughout the year. You will make use of industry standard lighting, lighting design software and sound in the purpose built theatre. You will also have the opportunity to run the many productions the college has to offer on site as well as on tour. You will:
- Develop stage management skills for working in the theatre industry
- Study the art of theatre lighting and sound design
- Study stage design and develop ideas by constructing working sets for performances
- Study arts administration and the Performing Arts business in context
- Develop skills in event management
- Work to an industry standard on our many productions
- Have the opportunity to work with industry trained practitioners.
The course has a strong emphasis on practical work which relies heavily on teamwork. Students are assessed through coursework. You have the opportunity to develop, create and produce an industry standard portfolio which can be taken to interviews for professional work and higher education.
You should have two GCSEs at grade D or above - one of which should be English.